Monday, January 5, 2009

Don't Let the Door Hit Ya...

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Good riddance. These are just a few saying I think of when looking back on 2008. I can confidently say, when ringing in the new year I was never more happy to see the old one go.

First I broke a man's heart. A man I cared deeply for. Then my nanny past away in March, I lost my job in May and lost the new job in October. By the time November rolled around I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself.

I often think if I was watching my life as a movie I would be yelling at the main character to "look out!" "stop that!" or "quit worrying!" I would be rooting for myself to make it. Looking back on the year I tried to make it on my own, with my own strength. Enter Jesus.

I have no idea what this year holds, but I am hopeful and excited. I am writing more on a full time basis, I am meeting new people, get better acquainted with the ones I know and enjoying my little city more every day. The reason I know this year will be better is because I am fully confident in God and I am choosing to depend on Him for whatever this year holds. Another reason I know it will be a good one is because Starbucks finally decided to offer tea lattes, I finally found a pair of gray Chucks in my size and standing in Barnes and Nobles I see 2 mags on the shelf with my name in them. So cheers to '09.

1 comment:

Kels said...

Amen sister. Although if I could find something good about 08, we did discover Flight of the Conchords and Kiehls facewash in that year...