Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Apologies


My apologies for not mentioning the motivating reason behind the nose ring...The Sushi Sisterhood. Wondering what the heck that is? Well here's the story.

When I was living in LA, two of my favorite people Hikari and Nora joined me on an afternoon trip to Santa Monica. We sat on the beach solving all of the world's problems one by one. It started to get a little chilly so we took the blanket we were lounging on and laying on our stomachs and side by side rolled ourselves up in it. Someone, I don't remember who, mentioned that we reminded them of a sushi roll. Hikari was the rice (she hails from Japan), Nora was the avocado (she's Mexican) and I was in fact the imitation crab meat (after all white Americans don't exactly have a lot of foods that set them apart) :(

Hence the California Roll Sushi Sisterhood. And hence the reason I was motivated to seal the deal with the ring, well stud. Love you both!

No comments: